A client needed an oversized table replaced throughout their facilities since the state of the current tables no longer met acceptable standards. The mass of the table- weighing over 500 pounds and the cumbersome dimensions, made removal of the existing table and replacement difficult. Resicom was able to break-down possible options to literally break down the tables, and create a solution for this monster move that was time efficient and cost effective for the client.
The scope of work needed to execute the project includes:
- Install newly delivered table into the proper spot in the store.
- Dispose of the old table.
Challenges & Solutions
The constraints of the project that were overcome included:
- The dimension of the table
- To remove the old table, a plastic encasement was made and the old table was cut into pieces to make for easy removal.
- To position the new table, all fixtures between the store entrance and the designated spot needed to be moved.
- Avoiding damage to the floor
- A moving blanket was used to protect the floor during the transfer of the table from dollies to floor.
- Fitting the table through doors
- We needed to coordinate with mall management to use a main mall entrance with double doors so that the table could be brought into the front store opening rather than the restrictive service entrance.
- Once in the store, the table needed to be lifted by 4 men and put onto 4 moving carts.