Here are the first steps to bringing this structure into your company:
- Identify the traits and skill set needed for this role
- Create the initial project list for this role by identifying opportunities and dangers the company would like to research.
- Review your current personnel to see if anyone can fill the role. If nobody is capable, look to hire someone for the role.
- Once hired, include this person on your executive team so they can be up to speed on everything within the company, giving them insight on things that will help them be more effective in their responsibilities.
- Ensure this person lives and breathes your values, mission, and purpose.
This structure will prove to be a key in developing a world class organization. It reinforces organizational clarity, helping keep the company on its desired course.