A client needed an oversized fixture moved from one facility to another one in another state. The challenge was to move this large, fragile object hundreds of miles and get it operational in the new location within a day, keeping the location in normal condition. We were able to plan and solve this challenge, saving the client the costs of the downtime. We did this by properly preparing the piece from shipping, getting it loaded so that it would be easy to deliver, and coordinating the multiple technicians to be on-site upon delivery.
The scope of work needed to execute the project includes:
- Move a Dream-Steamer from one location in Illinois to another location in Minnesota.
- Disconnect and cap off all water lines to the Dream Steamer.
- Reconnect and ensure proper function once delivered to new location.
Challenges & Solutions
The constraints of the project that were overcome included:
- Securing a vehicle large enough to accommodate the fixture.
- A large box truck was secured and the Dream Steamer was turned on its side. We were able to immobilize the fixture so it would not be damaged during transit.
- An experienced plumber was needed onsite to assist in the removal and capping of the plumbing.
- Home office coordinated professional plumbers and moving crew technicians to arrive simultaneously to address capping at the originating city and re-installation at the destination city.
- A minimum of a 2-man crew utilizing lifting straps was required to move the fixture because of its weight and fragility.