A client had a facility where the wood floor was in dire need of replacement. Multiple attempts by various vendors to refinish the wood floor had finally left the floor in a state of disrepair that was simply unacceptable to the client’s standards. The uneven floor had not only become an aesthetic eye sore, but it now posed a serious tripping hazard and had instigated several legal cases against the client. The store boasts a unique, upscale presentation and the ornate floor was no exception. Resicom was aware that the project would be extremely difficult, but the client empowered us go to any extreme to have the replacement floor retain the original look.
The scope of work needed to execute the project includes:
- Replace the entire floor in both the sales and stockroom area.
- Source the necessary material and coordinate delivery to the store location.
- Material must be an exact replacement of the existing floor.
- Installation must commence in two weeks, and must be completed in 3 nights so that business is not affected.
The constraints of the project include:
- A Resicom Project Manager needed to be immediately assigned to the project due to the condensed timeline.
- The project is taking place in Oklahoma City, OK.
- The material is not available in the United States.
- In order to complete an installation of this magnitude we will need 5 trained employees working all night for all three nights.
- Working within budget to be cost effective for our client.
Understanding the client and knowing their expectations is the key to effective project execution. Resicom needed to follow a detailed process with a strong team of reliable technicians in order for this project to be a success.
Our solution to this project included:
- Adjusting the necessary manpower to ensure a thorough team and disciplined manager is available for the duration of the project.
- Immediately researching hotel room rates, flights and rental card to secure the best rates.
- Secure a skilled, licensed floor installer and utilizing our Resicom Community Partners to complete the majority of the installation.
- We leveraged our supplier contacts to network and locate the necessary materials in London saving valuable time by not having to randomly call companies overseas.
- Establishing payment terms with our partners for discounts when invoices are paid within 5 to 10 days to help lower the overall cost to the client.
At Resicom we understand the frustrations that a client may experience within their stores to maintain high standards and brand protection. Finding innovative solutions to help return normalcy to our client’s day is what Resicom strives to do. The client should not have to concern themselves with details when Resicom puts our project management and execution plans into action. The client was able to give us the green light and return to examine their beautiful new floor.