How can you coordinate and execute multiple bathroom remodels in numerous locations nationwide within a tight deadline?
A retail client slated bathroom remodels throughout their nationwide locations. Needing a quick turn around on a comprehensive scope and project completion, Resicom was ready to take on the challenge. Relying on our structure helped deliver greater nationwide consistency for each facility restroom needing a face-lift.
The scope of work needed to execute this project included:
- Plan site visits to each location to complete assessment and provide accurate pricing to client. Accurate measurement is key considering all sourced material would need to be based off of these calculations.
- Secure all material including partitions, tile, countertops, drywall, paint, mirrors, toilets, sinks, etc.
- Assign thorough, specialized crews for multiple locations.
- Coordinate travel so that teams are effectively dispatched to grouped regions.
- Procure support items for project including dumpsters at each facility.
- Complete all demolition and build back each individual restroom.
- Provide client with customized schedule for rollout and real-time updates on project progress.
- Complete a final walk through with the client providing before and after photos.
Challenges & Solutions
The constraints of the project that were overcome included:
- Sourcing all of the materials needed in each city.
- Suppliers were immediately contacted to begin the ordering phase of all material.
- Measurements and drawings were submitted for partition orders two weeks in advance to ensure timely arrival.
- A single floor tile supplier was contacted to coordinate delivery of all floor tile material needed nationwide.
- Plumbing suppliers were contacted in each city to place necessary orders.
- Countertops were ordered near home office and driven to each facility along with necessary tools and equipment to minimize shipping costs.
- Coordinating technicians crews to maximize delivery.
- In order to complete work by the clients deadlines, crews were scheduled in shifts to work around the clock.
- Day crews complete demolition, followed by nights crews responsible for flooring installation.
- Following day, shift crews return to fully complete restroom remodeling.
- Nationwide remodeling project of all locations must be executed within tight scheduling deadlines.
- Supervisor remains onsite at all times to provide status updates and detailed communication to home office.
- Supervisor ensures crews operate effectively within schedule constraints, and to coordinate all material delivery.
Completing this project beyond the client’s expectations required detailed planning and project management to ensure each restroom was completed with minimal disruption. Resicom listened to the client’s need for customized updates and verified information that each stage of the project was running smoothly. Resicom creates options for our clients using our structure and communication, and in doing so opens possibilities.