How can an auto dealership showroom replace the entire tile floor without closing its doors?
In the competitive auto dealership environment, it makes sense to maintain optimal conditions and inviting appearances. A client decided to overhaul their showroom with new floor tiles to maintain appearance standards. What made the situation unique is that the client wanted the project completed within an expedited deadline that would require working during normal business hours.
Scope of Work
- Map out grid of showroom floor. Coordinate day-by-day action plan and schedule to rearrange cars.
- Control sectioned work area with plastic Visqueen zip barriers.
- Keep supplies in separate area to minimize clutter on showroom floor. Tile is transported to sectioned areas as needed.
- Remove existing flooring, install tile and grout. Clean area and begin on new section.
Challenges and Solutions
- Work needs to be completed during normal business hours.
- Work areas were sectioned off with Visqueen zip walls to minimize dust and disruption.
- Client requested that cars remain on showroom floor during project execution.
- Resicom worked in a specific pattern so that demolition and installation occurred in small sections making shifting of cars easier.
Coordination is key when executing a demolition/installation project during normal business hours. Allowances technicians normally have such as room to layout tools and supplies is greatly curtailed. Technicians working systematically behind a plastic screen, importing materials to the work area as needed was an added challenge. Although set/grouted tile was secure enough to walk upon the following day, it was not ready to be driven upon. This required detailed project management of shuffling cars on the showroom floor.