To get life back to normal for our facility maintenance manager partners sometimes means not working normal hours. Resicom often completes retail preventative maintenance overnight to limit disruption to guests and staff. However, gaining access to a retail facility after hours needs to be thoroughly coordinated with the client and often a security third party. Store managers are anxious to head home after a full day’s work, but Resicom is just beginning ours.
The scope of work needed to execute the project includes:
- Scope of preventative maintenance work is scheduled for after-hours execution.
- Third party security is coordinated within 48 hours of the scheduled job.
- Resicon crew & security must be onsite 15 minutes prior to store closing to meet store manager.
- Security must remain on premises with Resicom crew until morning opening manager returns to facility.
The constraints of the project include:
- Coordinating security to arrive on set date of project schedule.
- Security fails to show up prior to store closing time.
In order to effectively execute the work order, Resicom technicians need to be assured that home support has procured necessary security and is effectively managing the project. We can not allow our clients to be inconvenienced waiting for tardy security. Resicom relies on our tried and true process when obstacles present themselves.
Our solution to this project included:
- Project Manager confirms security with client approved company via email within 48 hour window of scheduled maintenance.
- Crews are instructed to call Resicom emergency phone by store closing time if guard has not arrived onsite.
- Resicom home office employee on-call status maintains master list of all after hours jobs, including pertinent information on which security company/crew is scheduled per site.
- On-Call Employee will call the security company to ascertain guard’s expected arrival time to coordinate prior to store manager leaving as that project does not need to be rescheduled.
Resicom delivers normalcy, but there is nothing normal about a client who works a full day at a retail facility only to have to remain even longer waiting for security to arrive for the overnight maintenance crew. Therefore, Resicom simply refuses to allow our clients to be inconvenienced waiting for security running late. By having set procedures in place to account for hiccups when scheduling third party security, Resicom can rely on the necessary process to keep the project running smoothly.