What is SMARTscope?
SMARTscope is a component of the SMARTspend program that answers the question “How can I gain visibility of the condition of my stores and bundle the repairs cost effectively?” It should be normal for a vendor to understand its clients needs and provide a report designed around the client’s standards. To accomplish this, we need to:
- Create a list of items to be inspected. Typically includes fixtures and finishes, such as tables, cabinets, walls, trim, lights, etc.
- Learn the standards of each finish item. Basically establishing what would trigger the client to have an item repaired (eg Repaint a wall when there are two marks larger than a dime within 5′ of one another).
- Establish standardized pricing for each repair.
- Review each item listed and prepare a report of items that are below the standards established. Make recommendations and provide verification through photos and videos to solidify recommendations.
- Schedule work in advance to prepare location and allow vendor to prepare to execute cost effectively.
This approach converts the vendor into an extension of the client. The value delivered is time savings, improved information flow, and cost savings. Bundling of services using pre-negotiated prices simplifies the approval process. Timely location inspections convey the status of the location through a trained set of eyes. Creating a routine with planned in advance schedule allows a vendor to plan efficiently, driving down costs.