A national client for whom we usually provide planned preventative and emergency maintenance experienced an emergency carpentry need when the local vendor usually contracted to handle such situations was unavailable to complete the necessary repairs. The client entrusted Resicom to provide an exemplary local vendor to perform the work order. Because of the established, loyal partnership between the client and ourselves, Resicom accepted the responsibility and assured the client it would be completed within the scheduled timeframe and to our client’s high standards.
The scope of work needed to execute this project included:
- Review work order to determine materials needed for project completion.
- Educate the dispatched technician on the exact process and expectations of our client.
- Audit the job to confirm our high standards were executed.
The constraints of this project included:
- The emergency job occurred in a location area we have never serviced.
- Locate an exceptional local vendor to complete this work to client’s high standards within a short time frame and set budget established.
- Confirm work was complete without physically visiting the location.
We understood that the execution of this particular emergency job would take more time and planning than the usual emergency work order from our client. However, because we have established thorough training modules and exact processes for all technicians, we could be be confident in our ability that the project would be executed to the client’s high standards.
Our solution to this project included:
- The accepted work order is assigned to a home office project manager.
- Located exceptional vendor referrals, utilizing contacts in the project city for recommendations.
- A short list of vendors is generated that then participate in screening and dialogue with home office regarding Resicom’s process, standards and expectations.
- Selected vendor receives the work order from Resicom and is provided with additional information and specifications needed to complete the work order.
- Resicom confirms that scope and schedule date is understood and establishes parameters for technician to submit information regarding completed project.
- Project Manager remains in constant communication with technician to ensure that deadlines will be met.
- When job is completed, Project Manager receives photos (per our discussed standards) within 24 hours of the job completion.
- Project Manager audits project, and confirms satisfaction with appropriate store management.
No matter where a work order originates, Resicom is able to execute project completion that is consistent with our standards. Utilizing the established information and training we have available, Resicom is able to perform our thorough processes efficiently and in rapid response to the emergency work order. Our client was able to place their confidence in our systematic approach to project management.