How can a service maintenance provider protect property appearances while eliminating safety concerns?
A property management group has a high profile property in need of exterior repair. Large slabs of limestone are deteriorating under the windows. The high profile client needs a strong, reliable partnership with their property service provider for expedited, high quality results. The location poses a challenge as it is situation in one of the most contested metropolitan areas. Resicom has been entrusted to work around the obstacles to return the property to normal conditions as quickly as possible.
The scope of work needed to execute this project included:
- Properly survey the area and the work that needs to be completed.
- Determine strategy for how to label work area and block off necessary sections of street and sidewalk.
- Remove 25 to 30 damaged sections of limestone sill facing the busy street.
- Source and install 23 pieces of 3” limestone sill each measuring 23.5” x 10” each.
- Match new limestone and smooth face to existing area.
- Caulk and grout newly installed blocks.
- Remove barricades and debris. Clean the sidewalk and glass returning area to pre-project conditions.
The constraints of the project that were overcome included:
- Multiple laws and city codes must be in compliance during completion of work order on exterior side of building.
- Determine if the limestone pieces are set under the glass and how this impacts work scope.
- The spec limestone can only be purchased in Dallas, TX.
- A scheduled walk through by the company CEO is scheduled in three weeks, and the project must be completed.
- Have experienced tiler assess project to recognize constraints and set parameters.
- Determine measurements, style, and quantity of the tile needed.
- Office based project manager procures tile from Dallas, TX and places rush order, continuing to track progress.
- Contact city municipality to determine work zoning and laws.
- Establish plan to block off sidewalk during construction, and route traffic to opposite lane on street.
- Resicom technicians complete necessary demolition preparations with onsite supervisor present.
- Once the tile is installed, project manager will audit delivery and supply photos for client approval.
A maintenance servicer provider should understand the importance of protecting property appearance and addressing safety concerns. Exteriors in disrepair can detract from the property’s overall image and appeal. Deteriorating exterior tiles are not only unsightly, but also present a safety risk to pedestrians. Resicom restored the property to normal with consistent processes and a thorough follow up plan.