How can you replace wallpaper around customers and staff without disrupting the retail experience?
A client determined that the damaged wallpaper in a high traffic area was distracting customers from their shopping experience. The need to return the facility to normal was paramount to the client in that they specifically requested the work to be conducted during regular business hours rather than overnight. However, the project had to be completed without disrupting the normal flow of business.
The scope of work needed to execute this project included:
1. Remove damaged sheet of wall paper in a high traffic area.
2. Repair damaged drywall under the existing paper prior to replacing the wall paper.
3. Install section of new wall paper, while integrating it with the old wall paper.
4. Execute the project during business hours.
Challenges & Solutions
The constraints of the project that were overcome included:
1. Avoiding additional damage to wallpaper surrounding area that needed to be replaced.
- The seams had to be carefully removed so that the older paper surrounding the damaged piece was not torn or damaged.
2. Ensuring repaired section of wallpaper is indistinguishable and new seams are tight.
- Resicom verified that the new section of wallpaper matched the existing section exactly, and that all seams were aligned in perfect coordination.
3. Completing the Project During Business Hours without disrupting the flow of business.
- Days known for slower retail traffic were scheduled over high-traffic weekends.
- The crew systematically worked in marked off sections to have the least impact on the customers’ ability to access merchandise and move freely through the store.
4. Keeping customers out of the area being painted.
- Project Manager remained onsite to ensure that customers were protected from any potential hazards and to stay in constant communication with both management and Resicom technicians.
- Project management also coordinated the relocation and protection of the large amount of breakables and delicate merchandise.
The execution of project was unique because we were working during business hours. Resicom is confident that detailed project management and execution will not have adverse effect on a retailer’s daily revenue. Regardless of working conditions or environment, Resicom is able to execute project completion that is consistent with our standards.