A client requested a color change in laminate for bellyband counters throughout their retailer’s locations.
The scope of work needed to complete this rollout:
- Provide demonstration of laminate recolor at client’s home office mock up store to obtain green light on rollout.
- Conduct site surveys at all store locations to gather measurements.
- Contact security company to gain access to all locations.
- Order all material necessary to complete project.
- Remove and dispose of all acrylic signage at bellybands of all counters throughout store.
- Furnish and install wood to all insets at bellybands of counters.
- Furnish and install new laminate spec over existing laminate.
- Provide after photos of all counters completed.
The challenges of this project included:
- All work needed to be completed overnight to minimize disruption to sales staff and guests.
- All work need to be complete with area clean and debris removed before start of business each morning.
- Multiple crews would need to be scheduled to complete work per deadline.
- Laminate material was often in short supply with vendors.
We understood to execute this project would require precise planning, as well as additional training of technicians in laminate execution in order to properly staff the number of crews required.
Our solution for the project included:
- Create detailed schedule for crews.
- Purchasing needed to be coordinated through multiple suppliers to obtain necessary materials required.
- All laminate was precut in the warehouse to minimize dust from circulating throughout store, thereby reducing our estimated clean up time.
- We took into account that extra laminate should be available onsite in the event it was needed.
- We researched different types of glue to ensure that the new thicker spec laminate would adhere properly.
- All crew arrived 1/2 hour prior to store closing to ensure alarm card and access to store has been activated.
- On-call supervisors were readily available for assistance if problems should arise.
- We conducted both in-house and onsite training of additional crews on how to properly cut and install laminate.
We understand that poor planning yields poor results. By taking the time to properly plan, we were able to order the materials needed, provide the specialized training of additional technicians, and execute the project within the client’s deadline. Our ability to provide this level of high quality service resulted in the awarding of additional phases of the project.