A client needed Resicom to think outside the box and develop a solution to installing circulation fans at a retail kiosk.
A retail client requested assistance in creating a plan for a fan installation rollout for retail kiosks. The fans would need to be installed at the four corners to provide proper ventilation. Resicom asked the questions to provide clarity to the client’s objectives. By taking the time to understand the client’s desired outcome and projected brand, we developed options that best fit our client’s needs. Then we exercised systematic process tests to determine which options would prove successful for our client.
The scope of work needed to execute this procedure:
- Plan site visits to locations to assess the facility and determine project parameters.
- Research different make and models of fans to match product to client needs.
- Complete test runs on test group of fans to determine durability and function.
- Prepare accurate quote for project scope based on test results.
- Designate crews to complete installations.
Challenges & Solutions
The client trusted that Resicom could take the limited information provided, outline in-depth options, and present a best-case solution scenario. The constraints of the project that were overcome included:
- The client was unfamiliar with what type of fan was needed and left sourcing the product to our discretion. Resicom needed to research various proper fans to determine cost effectiveness and durability.
- Research was executed with fans ranging from battery operated to electronic. Resicom invested in the purchase of several fans ranging in size and style to determine options for the best fit for the designated area.
- Battery fans were determined to be ineffective in regard to cost as extended retail hours would demand frequent battery replacement. Although less expensive to initially purchase, the maintenance costs would quickly outweigh any initial savings.
- A second-round test was completed with electric fans. The electrical fans would require additional labor on the front end to install the necessary outlets. However, the use of electrical fans would be more cost effective and require less frequent maintenance.
- Resicom presented the options, then scheduled approved work orders with our technician crews.
Resicom was able to take a client’s cursory idea of what their existing need and develop a detailed plan of action. By researching innovative solutions for our client, we determined what would be cost effective and ultimately a success.