How do you install ICEE machines in over 100 locations as part of a national restaurant chain rollout?
A corporate restaurant client decided to have ICEE machines installed at their signature restaurant chain at over 100 locations as part of a national rollout. Reserved space had to be cleared and prepared for the beverage machines prior to installation, and all project execution had to be completed overnight to minimize disruption to staff and diners. Resicom was contacted to create a customized rollout plan so that every location targeted would have the machines installed prior to the first of the year.
The scope of work needed to execute this project included:
- Install new Corian lift countertops and column the support the new unit.
- Remove or relocate existing soda fountain machines to make room for new units.
- Silicone countertop and corners to adhere.
- Install decorative column to hide syrup lines.
Challenges & Solutions
The constraints of the project that were overcome included:
- Project had to be executed after business hours.
- Location visits were conducted prior to close of business to assess exact specifications and determine supplies needed unique to site.
- Since project execution would occur after hours, technicians had to be properly prepared as they would have no access to local suppliers for additional materials.
- As specifications varied by individual store, technicians relayed information to project managers so that customized plans could be created per location.
- Installation at over 100 locations had to be completed within a tight deadline.
- The project manager mapped each location, grouping restaurants by region so that multiple installations could occur each night.
- Client needs ability to remotely review and audit work for each location.
- Resicom leveraged available technology to provide real-time updates and detailed photographs as each location was completed. Technicians sent detailed photos to project manager for client communication.
Resicom understood that the execution of project was unique because we were simultaneously executing projects at various locations across the country. Since the scope of work varied by location, sound structure as well as adaptability was key. The client relied on the receipt of detailed, real time information from Resicom. Our ability to offer verified information of the quality execution allowed us to assist in each restaurant’s enhancement with the new equipment.