Resicom blends the use of our employees with established partner vendors to successfully execute projects nationwide. We leverage our buying power and approach travel spend in a manner where it does not impact our client. Often, it is more cost effective for Resicom to fly its own crew to a project site rather than contract with local vendors. In order to maximize our travel buying power as well as keep itineraries organized, Resicom created a detailed process for how we utilize and schedule travel. We rely upon our tried and true method of standard-process-audit to deliver more value.
The scope of work needed to complete this project:
- When a traveling crew is designated for the specific project, all pertinent information needs to be compiled by the project manager including passengers names, location, arrival and departure dates and times.
- Airfare needs to be booked according to schedule dates of jobs.
- Car Rentals need to be reserved with size of rental vehicles dependent on size of crew and work scope involved.
- Hotels need to be reserved, dependent on crew size.
- Once all travel has been booked an email should be sent to entire crew with all travel information and confirmation numbers.
The challenges of this project included:
- Finding competitive & cost effective rates on flights, hotels, and car rentals to maintain established budget.
- Last minute changes of flights due to delays or unpredicted changes of schedule.
- Flight delays can prevent crews from arriving at destination with enough time to acquire all materials from suppliers prior to close of business.
We understand that flexibility amongst travel providers will be critical to the success of our ability to service facilities nationwide. By having a set process in place, we are able to coordinate travel quickly and efficiently, and pass along the cost savings to our clients. Our solution to this project included:
- Choose a preferred vendor for airfare, hotels, and car rentals that offer the most competitive pricing.
- Maximize all benefits and reward programs from vendors to receive any free tickets, free night stays or free car rental days.
- Book travel 7 days in advance to secure best fares available.
- Choose a airline that waives fees for last minute flight changes or cancellations.
- All airfare, hotels, and car rentals are paid for in advance to minimize ticket counter delays for the traveling crews and to ensure confirmation.
- Project Manager relays all travel information to crews.
Resicom is a company based on standard- process- audit. An established process for travel allows us to leverage our technicians to complete emergency and preventative maintenance nationwide at minimal cost to our company and clients.