How can bathroom partitions deter would-be graffiti artists?
Facility maintenance management faces the aggravation of bathroom partitions being an easy target for graffiti. Maintaining presentable, unmarred bathroom partitions was a pain point for a national client.
Scope of the Work
- Research and source options to replace existing material.
- Install new partitions according to compliance regulations.
- Review location according to checklist.
- Supplement documentation with 60 specific photos.
The constraints of the project included:
- Sourcing a partition product material that provides protection against both ink and key scratch graffiti.
- Color choices need to be consistent with facility branding.
- Technicians must be educated in partition installation compliance – gaps between partition sections must be no greater than 1/8” to ensure patron privacy.
Our solution to this project included:
- Sourcing a polymer HDPE partition product provides favorable aesthetic with high gloss finish, while preventing pen and/or permanent marker adhering to surface.
- Because partition color extends through the entire material, key scratches, gouges or knife graffiti can be easily sanded away without marring the finish.
- Various colors are available for client’s choice.
- Technicians are provided with additional training and education from project management to meet compliance regulations.
The new materials delivered an extended life cycle to partitions that previously needed frequent cleaning and/or replacement. With the installation of the new partitions, the client was able to decrease attention and expense related to maintaining bathroom appearances.