A national retailer had a flagship location was about 4 years old with an 80’ x 26’ marketing piece that needed to be updated. The design of this store did not take into consideration space needed to change the marketing pieces. We were hired in a consulting capacity and were then hired to execute the project. Here is a brief description of how we solved this project.
The scope of work needed to develop this solution included:
- Meet with the client and listened to their needs.
- Consult with store on time-frame allowed for this change-out.
- Analyze how the marketing piece was originally hung.
- Create a system so this marketing piece can be changed more easily and often.
- Carefully take down and package the existing marketing piece for unique re-use and recycling
- Remove, analyze and repair the top bracket for re-use (take down and install).
- Install the new marketing piece better than the original – no wrinkles or waves.
- Put old marketing piece in the new piece’s shipping tube
The constraints of this project included:
- Change-out needs to be completed with-in 3 days.
- Availability to complete this was the one day the store had a scheduled overnight.
- A key was needed to unlock the mechanism – which no one has used/seen in 4 years.
- Remove the existing bottom weight while working in the tight glass box.
We understood that our client treated their marketing wall as a high priority and wanted it looking up to brand standard at all times. We also knew that the only possible solution was to completely meet every intention and purpose the client gave us. Our solution included:
- Locate the key and keep in our possession until the change-out was completed.
- Create a platform to work on above the tight glass box for proper removal of the bottom weight.
- Tightly rolling up old marketing piece in small increments by hand to place in new shipping tube.
- Top bracket was removed and drilled through at strategic locations for optimum effect and continued use.
- Temporary adhesive was placed on the new piece for proper placement on areas to be drilled for top bracket.
There are instances when store design hinders on-going operations. We work with our clients to create approaches and processes that allow the store to be successful in executing its intentions. Thorough planning and preparation helped turn this challenge into a success.