A client currently owns a large industrial space that is comprised of various warehouse rooms. In the event of an emergency, the client wanted to ensure that teams could rapidly locate operational panels to shut off power, gas or water. The client also needed to make sure that the solution was OSHA compliant and met all municipal safety requirements and codes.
Scope of the Work
- Discuss client’s needs and create detailed floor plan of client space indicating exits and access panels.
- Research current OSHA compliance and municipality guidelines.
- Prep, clean, and tape off area floor to be painted.
- Source appropriate epoxy paint that will uphold under heavy warehouse traffic.
Challenges and Solutions
- Painting a line in the middle of the warehouse to each access panel and exit meant possible interference to the normal course of operations.
- Therefore, painting was completed during non-business hours to limit disruption
A large warehouse can be difficult to navigate in normal circumstances. But add in the confusion of an emergency situation and a typical warehouse suddenly becomes a labyrinth of twists and turns around shelving and storage. The client needed a solution that was both cost effective and meant current safety standards. Resicom was able to turn around a rapid solution to ensure safe passage to employees and access to response workers in the event of an emergency.