How can a safety concern for a visual display be solved in a cost effective manner?
A retail client has surfboards behind their backwrap (behind the cashwrap) that help promote the themed shopping experience/ brand identity. Associates display clothing on the surfboards, but the merchandise is causing the pegs that hold the heavy boards in place to tilt. This poses a safety hazard that the pegs could fail with the heavy boards falling damaging the facility or hurting someone. Resicom was contacted to create a cost effective, reliable solution.
The scope of work needed to complete this project:
- Assess the weight the pegs must bear to safely support the surf boards.
- Secure slipping/ tilting pegs. Repair and replace any damaged pegs.
- Execute solution throughout nationwide stores.
Challenges & Solutions
The challenges of this project included:
- Pegs holding surfboard can not be accessed with taking apart the backwrap.
- Resicom sends an experienced carpenter to assess a local job to so that a national project scope can be developed.
- Prior peg costly repairs required sections of the backwrap to be removed and then welded back into place. Client needs a more cost effective solution.
- Resicom’s technician suggests alternative option of removing the 2×6 beam that holds the peg, securing new peg, and using new washers & nuts over the threaded end of the peg to ensure tightness. This cost effective solution does not require disassembling the backwrap or welding.
- Repairs normally taking overnight because of disassembly and welding have been reduced to only 30 minutes.
- Project scope needs to be created for nationwide execution.
- Resicom creates a detailed scope with documented instructions, required tools and instructional photos to ensure scaleable consistency nationwide.
Resicom can be relied upon to create efficient, cost effective solutions that address safety concerns while protecting a defined shopping experience. Resicom was willing to think outside of the box on how to address this particular display challenge.