A new client was in need of repairs to hair dryer units located throughout their nationwide facilities. Resicom had not previously worked with this particular request or project scope. However, being a solutions-generating company, Resicom recognized the opportunity to expand our knowledge base in specialty project management.
The scope of work is:
- Conduct monthly visits to beauty salon facilities and complete repair/maintenance assessment at each location.
- Verify all salon equipment, including chair hair dryers and wall-mount dryers are operational.
- Determine if salon equipment can be repaired or needs to be replaced entirely.
- Generate scope and detailed information for client on all maintenance and necessary equipment repairs.
- Upon client scope approval, schedule and execute work.
The constraints of this project included:
- Technicians on staff had no expertise or background in completing repairs to hair dryer units.
- Manufacturer of hair dryer units was inaccessible for informational support.
- Multiple contractors were enlisted ranging from electricians to small appliance repair companies to repair units without success.
The traditional channels available to us for informational support were either inaccessible or unfamiliar with how to repair the units. Resicom needed to devise an alternate solution on how to gather the necessary information to make the maintenance project a success.
Our solutions to this project included:
- Assuming similar locations have also experienced breakdowns to the hair dryer units, Resicom began calling salons in the different areas for possible service referrals.
- Generated leads were contacted, and local small appliance repair technicians with the necessary knowledge and capabilities on repairing these hair dryer units were located.
- Resicom continued efforts to contact the manufacturer via corporate offices, showroom studios, and different regions to secure additional information and procedure on how to order repair parts.
- Once the manufacturer connected with Resicom, a troubleshooting list for future repairs was generated.
After being persistent on follow up calls, a phone call was returned from the manufacturer. We were provided all information regarding parts on these units and were also given troubleshooting ideas for future repairs that may be needed. This would come of great help for training of our in house technicians to learn how to repair these units for future repairs down the road.
Preventative maintenance becomes routine, so when challenges present themselves, Resicom teams are eager to learn from the experience. Although, we have never serviced hair dryer units before, Resicom felt capable in our abilities and project management strength. The information gained was compiled for future repairs and similar clients needing Resicom’s assistance in generating solutions to facility maintenance challenges.